Tuesday, February 10, 2009

All about Adrian

Adrian has asked for another post and I have decided to dedicate this post to Adrian. I am sure many of you were surprised to hear that we are having a baby--none as surprised as Adrian. Our poor child will have to endure the fact that Daddy always calls Mommy a "liar" when its probably more that she is gullible and believed the doctor when he said it takes 6 months.

So my darling little Adrian has been the perfect husband and father-to-be. He held my head when I had the stomach flu (and, no, it was not morning sickness, I know the difference and this was full blown flu, I caught it from someone at work). He holds my hand at the baby appointments (even though he still complains about the wait). He bought the baby its first book--Curious George, and saved his Harold and the Purple Crayon for the baby. I am pretty sure this is far from the Adrian you knew in high school, college or work, but its all true. As my good friend Amanda has pointed out, he is totally different one-on-one than in a crowd.

Its all of these reasons that I have tolerated the constant food monitoring, denial of basic pleasures (french fries being the top denial), and semi-constant complaining about pregnancy symptoms. I have had to defend my right to get my hair highlighted (because he thought it might poison the baby???), eat pickled bean sprouts (Korean food is so yummy!) and drink ice tea (occasionally, because the Food Monitor will not let me have artificial sweeteners). After all of this, I am pretty sure I know how the post-partum is going to go until I lose all of the baby weight (no eating anything fun, diet drinks only and making me exercise twice a day). (Lucky for me my good friends at work indulge my cravings and let the baby pick the lunch spot!)

Thank you Adrian, you are the best, and you would be even better if you would just let me have more french fries and Mexican food! (Dallas friends I fear when I visit it will be Chuy's, followed by Taco Diner, followed by Matitos--I miss good queso.)

No comments:

Post a Comment