Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Look

Showing us how Santa came down the chimney!
Watching the Polar Express on Christmas Morning 
As you can see, I have introduced a new look for the blog.  I figured it was time to be serious about this blogging! (Ha, this is for family and friends and mostly a baby book for Teddy so its really just a fun thing and if others enjoy it, then that is a bonus!)

We had another amazing holiday season where Teddy was spoiled beyond belief by EVERYONE!  We decided that we would do as the Magi did and only get Teddy 3 gifts, but trust me everyone else made up for it for him.  (I think that the new toy gun and the Bouncy Castle were the winners this year!) Teddy loves the idea of Santa and even memorized most of the "Night Before Christmas"  (I swear I am not making it up, I discovered it one night when I paused and he knew all the next words, amazing!  It became our holiday party trick.) He would point out Santa and Christmas lights everywhere.  But when it came time to actually meet Santa, he was not having it.  He tensed up and would not even go close to him.  Ergo, we have no photos of Teddy with Santa, not even a crying one because his Daddy took pity and did not want to force it on him.
Caviar dreams

I have also discovered that my son has a taste for the finer things in life; North Face, Air Jordans, Caviar, French cuisine and almost anything else that is expensive.  His Daddy bought him some Air Jordans and he is so proud of them and wants to wear them all the time.  Then Daddy introduced him to caviar and Teddy loved that too.  I am not sure what will be next and I will need to keep my job to afford it for sure!
Playing with Nana in the bouncy castle!

Holidays are always a reflective time and make me think back to all of the holidays past.  We always enjoyed lots of parties, church traditions and cookies.  I have tried to start some new ones for Teddy to make sure he has things that resemble that but many things are just organic and come naturally.  Going to see the Holiday ICE show at the Gaylord, Breakfast with Santa at BHCC, Christmas breakfast, family Christmas PJ's, cookies for Santa and, of course, lots of reading the "Night Before Christmas."  I still find that it is the most simple things that we all enjoy the most!

I hope for this New Year, that Teddy continues his learning and that I am able to become a better mother, wife and friend.  Thank you to everyone and I wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year!

Not seeing Santa
Riding with Alexander


Cousins on Christmas
Look at those smiles



Trains with Nana
Checking to see what Santa wrote
Letter to Santa and From Santa



How many Azers to build a toy?
Drawing with Nana

Winner of the 2011 Best Toy Prize: Nana and Pawpaw

No comments:

Post a Comment