Thursday, September 1, 2011

The things that are Teddy

Teddy,

I have not really had time to write you a letter recently, but I thought this was as good a time as any.  You are really getting up there, you know 2 years old is the beginning of a whole new world.  In all honesty lovey, I cannot believe it has been two years.  It seems like literally a minute ago I was pregnant in the August heat waiting for you to arrive and here you are now, a little man.  You went from being that blobby little (well, let's be honest, you were a big baby) baby to this walking, talking, tantrum throwing, hugging and kissing little man.  I just marvel everyday at what you are learning and what you are picking up from the world.  Like today for example, you decided to start screaming the word "Booger" out complete with demonstration in case I was not clear what you mean by booger.  You are just so funny.

You love to sing.  Even when you are upset, you like to sing.  I have no idea where this came form but sometimes when we are just being quiet, I can hear you humming you favorite songs (either Pop goes the Weasel, or the Sad Little Puppy song).  You also love to give people hugs.  You are quite social and you especially love your family.  My favorite part of every day is when I come in the door and you run to me for a hug--it literally makes my day.

You are not a great sleeper.  I have no idea what we did wrong, but you are still not a great sleeper.  But I love that when you wake up in the middle of the night, you ask for us, Mama, Dada, and one of us comes to you.

You have a very mischievous side to you.  Your face has a particular look when you are about to do something and hope not to be caught.  I laugh at you and gasp at the same time because I am not sure where you get both the idea and the courage for some of your stunts.  You were crawling and walking early and you have not stopped since that time.  You are learning to play tennis now and make contact with the ball.  Sometimes you prefer to play golf with a tennis racket and do the best Johnny Mac we have ever seen with a racket, but most of the time, you really just want to hit the ball and see us clap for you.

You have been telling me a lot about your girlfriends from school and your best buds.  You seem to really be enjoying being around other people.  I can tell you that you get that from me; I love doing things with other people and I love my friends so dearly and I am sure you will too.  Always remember that the measure of a man is what he does when no one is looking and when he does not have to do anything.

You like to entertain everyone.  You make noises, play with their faces and do funny things for a laugh.  Sometimes I think you don't even know why its funny but you know others are laughing so you do it more.  I love this about you and I hope you never lose that exuberance.

The things that make you Teddy are the things I love most about you.  You really are out little man.  We cannot wait to see what you will become but I am excited to be there for it.

Love always and forever,


Your Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment